Solid State Recorder
An extraordinarily versatile two-channel recorder/player for network applications
The TASCAM SS-R250N is the ideal SD card recorder/players for virtually any installation. Extensive I/O – including balanced, unbalanced and DANTE interconnectivity – are joined by a studio quality microphone preamp with phantom power and ducking. Audio may be recorded to SD Card or USB stick and uploaded automatically to your desired FTP server. In addition, recording and playback can be controlled via SNTP, network control, the optional RC-SS150 remote control or the free iOS/Android app.
The dedicated APP "TASCAM SS250 CONTROL" is available for free download. The APP for iOS/Android is available onApp Store/Google Play. For Windows/Mac, the APP can be downloaded from TASCAM website.
The unit is equipped with a LAN terminal for easy network connection to an FTP client, enabling you to upload recorded files from the SS-R250N side or download sound files from the server. As the SS-R250N also also acts as an FTP server, you can also upload / download from a PC side without having to physically exchange SD cards.
The Event List function contains an auto-play feature deisgned for audio files such as background music and announcements, perfect for use in a retail setting or restaurant. This Event List can also be used to to schedule recording and file upload which makes the TASCAM SS-R250N the perfect recorder for town hall meetings, board room installations and government jobs.
When operating on the same network, the SS-R250N can be controlled by an iOS / Android mobile device for remote status updates and transport control.
In addition to the front panel USB port, the SS-R250N will record to – and play back from SDXC cards, as well as SD/SDHC with capacity of up to 128GB.
Dual SD card slots can be used for backup recording, which records the same data on two cards simultaneously, or chain recording in which the system automatically begins recording on the second SD card when the first card has reached capacity.
While recording, the TASCAM SS-R250N automatically saves and closes the file every few seconds to safeguard against data loss.
The link playback function allows syncronized operation of two units, connected using S/PDIF. Ideal for critical situations where a backup is required, both units will record in sync, but also be able to operate independently if the need arises.
The SS-R250N is equipped with a wide array interface options to make it fast and easy to integrate into any touring, install, or live sound application.
Dual microphone inputs on the rear panel feature +48V Phantom for condenser and dynamic microphones. The SS-R250N also features an integrated ducking circuit making this unit idea for a wide variety of paging, background music and public address applications.
Equipped with both a D-sub15pin parallel terminal and an RS-232C serial terminal for external control, the SS-R250 can integrate quickly and easiy into virtually any system.
With 2-channel Dante support, the TASCAM SS-R250N can be easily incorporated into any Dante network audio environment and also makes the SS-R250 one of the least expensive Dante interfaces available.
By connecting the optional RC-SS150, you have instant acccess to up to 92 sound effects, commercial spots or music cuts.
Those familiar with previous models such as the TASCAM SS-R200 and SS-CDR200 can rest assured that playback (incremental play, auto-track, auto-cue, auto-ready) and recording functions (such as sync recording) are all present and accounted for.
Features at a glance
Network functions / control functions
- FTP Client function enables automatic uploading of recorded files or downloading audio files from the server
- Event List for recording, playback, download and other functions can be operated automatically based on the time set
- Time setting via SNTP Client function enables event management with more accuracy
- Automatic Upload function enables recorded files to be uploaded automatically
- iOS / Android / Windows / Mac control apps available: allowing transport operations and remote control of various settings
- The IF-DA2 interface card supporting Dante 2ch input and output can be installed (sold separately)
- Serial and parallel port connections
- RC-SS150 Flash Start control unit with the a color LCD screen (sold separately)
- Optional RC-3F footswitch can be connected to the RC-20 remote control
- Supports recording and playback of high-resolution files up to 96kHz / 24bit
- Dual SD memory card slot permits mirror and relay recording
- Auto mark function: When an error occurs or input level overloads, the time point will be marked automatically
- PRE REC function to prevent any missing part in your recording
- Auto track function automatically trims the tracks
- Compressor and limiter included
- Auto level control function automatically adjusts the input level for recording
- Starts recording as soon as the unit is turned on with Power-on-record function
- Microphone input connector with phantom power supply
- Direct recording function enables the recording starts right away without any standby
- Call function that saves the position where your last playback starts
- Playback modes such as Program, Random, and Single
- Ducking function automatically adjusts the playback volume while the input level increases or decreases
- All repeat / A-B repeat function
- Incremental play function to transport to the beginning of the next track
- Monaural mix playback function
- Auto Cue function tracks the first sound in the playback for standby
- Auto ready function allows a standby before the next track begins
- Pitch control and key control function for speed and key adjustments
- Can set the mark at any position
- EOM (End of message) notification available before the track ends
- Sampling rate converter for inputs and outputs are available
- Link playback function allows two units to be operated at the same time
- Automatic file closing process to avoid data loss if there is a sudden power loss during recording
- User presets: Up to three sets of optional settings can be stored for such things as switching input and output, sampling rate selection and other functions
- 1U rack-mount size